Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Dom Spiro Spero.


While I breathe I hope.

That has to be the bottom line to everything.

I’ve been speaking about overcoming adversity, learning to be self sufficient, and thriving. I’ve been speaking about reaching out and helping others to learn the same things.

At the base of all of it is gratitude for life itself. If you’re breathing tomorrow, your chances are wonderful. You’ll survive, you’ll endure, you’ll succeed.

Dom Spiro Spero. While I breathe I hope.

I’ve experienced this. I’ve felt it. Its been true for me.

I’ve watched it happen for people I love.

I know that teenagers tend to exaggerate, but I’ve seen this hope in the lives of my children. I’ve seen them go from the depths of worry, despair, and failure, to the heights of success and accomplishment.

Just this last week I sat in Carnegie Hall in New York City and watched my daughter perform with the wonderful Weber State University Wind Ensemble.

Tears ran down my cheeks.

I breathed, I hoped.

Her success was my success, her accomplishment was my inspiration.

Tomorrow these successes and accomplishments will increase and expand.

For me, my daughter and all those I love and teach.

Dom Spiro, Spero.

While I breathe, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment